Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reel Thoughts: Neil's Favorite Movies, From A to Z

And here is Neil's "Alphabet Meme" list:

I am sure I'll regret some choices and forgotten some others, but here it is!

A is for All About Eve (1950): “Fasten your seatbelts … ”
B is for The Birds (1963): “Don’t they ever stop migrating?”
C is for Carrie (1976): “There all gonna laugh at you!”
D is for Death on the Nile (1978): Glorious bitchy dialogue and a cast to die for.
E is for Ed Wood (1994): Angora sweaters for everyone!
F is for Fargo (1996): “That would be your associate in the wood chipper.”
G is for Gone With the Wind (1939): "Well, fiddle dee dee!"
H is for Hairspray (1988): “She has roaches in her hair! I saw them!”
I is for The Incredibles (2004): The only Pixar film that would fit.
K is for King of Hearts (1996): Alan Bates and Geneviève Bujold — Ooo, la la!
L is for L.A. Story (1991): It’s SanDeE*!
M is for Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975): Sorry, Mommie Dearest!
N is for A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984): One-two, Freddy's coming for you ...
O is for The Opposite Sex (1956): Glorious Technicolor Women
P is for Psycho (1960): “Not cabin one please!”
Q is for The Queen (2006): Not since Scott Thompson has anyone captured the Queen so well!
R is for Rear Window (1954): Another Hitchcock winner.
S is for Serial Mom (1994): Kathleen Turner rules.
T is for Tootsie (1982): One of my favorite “actor” movies ever.
U is for The Uninvited (1944): Ray Milland went from this to Frogs?!
V is for Vertigo (1958): Yet another Hitchcock classic!
W is for The Wizard of Oz (1939): “There’s no place like home!”
X is for Xanadu (1980): Did anyone really think it wouldn’t be?
Y is for Young Frankenstein (1974): “Nice knockers!”
Z is for Zelig (1983): I’m not putting Zoolander!

By Neil Cohen, resident film critic of Movie Dearest and Phoenix's Echo Magazine.

2 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

I love this blog, but I would have to say you missed 2 most important ones.
Quiet Man
Auntie Mame.

Still think you blog is wonderful. Every day I have a day off I check you guys out.
Ray

Anonymous said...

Hey Ray--

I love a man who wears a cowboy hat and boots well (especially if that's all they have on)! I agree with your choices totally--One movie per letter is so constricting! Still, I have to go with La Bette in All About Eve and I do loves me some Helen Mirren. She was the best Queen since Scott Thompson in Kids In the Hall: Brain Candy! Love your Blog!